RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS for St. Augustine rentals and St. Augustine Beach rentals - Effective January 1, 2014. This is a vacation rental agreement for St. Augustine Beach and St. Augustine rentals. The rights and obligations of the parties to this agreement are defined by law. Your signature on this agreement, or payment of money or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement, is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement, and your intent to use the property for a vacation rental. Coastal Realty & Property Management, Inc. of St. Augustine Beach (Coastal Realty), the management firm, on behalf of the owner of the property, rents the subject St. Augustine Beach property to the tenant, subject to the provisions of the rental agreement.
**Tax rates are calculated as of the time of this Agreement. St. Augustine Beach Tenant shall be responsible for payment of all applicable taxes according to rates in effect at the time of the occupancy.
(1) TRANSFER OF ST. AUGUSTINE BEACH PREMISES. If the owner voluntarily transfers (sells) the St. Augustine Beach unit that has been reserved by Tenant, Coastal Realty will transfer the reservation to a St. Augustine Beach unit of equal or better standards, and notify Tenant of same.
(2) TENANT AGREES TO PAY A $50.00 PROCESSING FEE FOR ANY CHECK OF TENANT THAT MAY BE RETURNED BY THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION DUE TO INSUFFICIENT FUNDS OR BECAUSE TENANT DID NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT AT THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION.
(3) FINAL BALANCE. Full payment of balance is due 14 days in advance of arrival for weekly St. Augustine Beach or St. Augustine rentals and 30 days in advance of arrival for monthly St. Augustine Beach or St. Augustine rentals – no exceptions.
(4) RENTAL FEES & PAYMENTS. All reservations are subject to a reservation processing fee of up to $70.00 (depending on property reserved - your confirmation will state exact amount). All fees are subject to State Sales and County Accommodation Tax.
(5) DAMAGE CHARGES. Your credit card information will be kept on file during the term of your stay in our St. Augustine rentals for use as a "security/damage deposit" to insure compliance with the terms of the Rental Agreement. If, after inspection, it is determined that the condition the St. Augustine rentals you inhabited is beyond normal wear and tear, or contents are missing from the unit, Tenant agrees to accept all liability and understands that these costs will be charged to the Tenant's credit card, to include an applicable administrative fee. Amounts may also be charged to cover unnecessary service calls, unreturned keys, or remotes to our St. Augustine Beach and St. Augustine rentals. Please report any problems or damage in your unit the day of check-in. If not reported, we must assume the damages occurred during your occupancy of our St. Augustine rentals. Coastal Realty's determination of damages will be conclusive.
(6) CHECK-OUT. By 10:00 a.m., all keys, pool passes, parking passes, remotes, etc., are to be returned to our St. Augustine Beach office. If check-out has not occurred by 10:00 a.m., the full daily rate for our St. Augustine rentals may be charged to your credit card on file.
(7) CANCELLATION POLICIES.
RESERVATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. ALL RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A VALID CREDIT CARD ONFILE. ALL CLEANING AND INCIDENTAL INSURANCE FEES WILL BE REFUNDED.
For Monthly Rentals: Cancellations made 90-30 days prior to arrival—1/2month’s rent plus tax as a cancellationfee; Cancellations made 30 days prior to arrival—1 month’s rent plus tax as a cancellation fee.
For Weekly Rentals: Cancellations made within 90-30 days prior to arrival—deposit plus tax as a cancellation fee; Cancellations made within 30-15 days prior to arrival—1/2 total rent plus tax as a cancellation fee; Cancellations made 14 days or less prior to arrival—total rent plus tax as a cancellation fee.
For Daily Rentals: Cancellations made within 24 hours of arrival date and no shows will becharged 1 day rental rate (including applicable taxes) plus reservation fee. Cancellation of Holiday or Special Event rentals within 48 hours will be charged the full rental rate (including applicable taxes) plus reservation fee.
Natural disasters, acts of God, inclement weather or problems could affect your vacation to St. Augustine Beach. We will do our best to accommodate you should a problem occur, but, we cannot refund any portion of your rent. PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR RESERVATION HOLDS THAT UNIT IN YOUR NAME, THEREBY REMOVING IT FROM OUR INVENTORY OF AVAILABLE ST. AUGUSTINE RENTALS.
No unit transfer by request of Tenant will be made once the reservation has been confirmed.
(9) DEPARTURE CLEANING.
All of our rental units except Inn at Camachee Cove, have a departure cleaning added to their rental rate which will include a normal cleaning of the unit and up to 2 loads of laundry for 2 bedroom units and 3 loads of laundry for 3 bedroom units. We ask only that our rental guests load any dirty dishes into the dishwasher, remove garbage from the unit, and place all used linen in laundry area of unit. Our housekeeping staff will do the rest for you! Each unit is inspected after every departure and renters may be charged for extra cleaning if unit is left excessively dirty and/or if Tenant fails to do the above listed requirements.
(10) TENANT DUTIES.
Tenant agrees to comply with all obligations imposed on Tenant with respect to maintenance of the Premises, including but not limited to keeping the Premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the Premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common area and remainder of the Premises that Tenant uses; and notifying rental office of the need of replacement or repairs to the unit. Tenant agrees not to use the Premises for any activity that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Tenant's breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Tenant's tenancy.
(11) AGENT DUTIES.
Coastal Realty agrees to provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition. If at the time Tenant is to begin occupancy of the Premises, Agent cannot provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition or substitute a reasonably comparable property in such condition, Agent shall refund to Tenant all payments made by the Tenant. (Exceptions: hurricane damage/evacuation. Coastal Realty shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Rental Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familiar status of any tenant.
(12) MANDATORY EVACUATION.
If State or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the Premises, Tenant shall comply with the order.
(13) EXPEDITED EVICTION.
If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, expedited eviction procedures will apply. Tenant may be evicted under such procedures if Tenant: (i) holds over in possession after Tenant's tenancy has expired; (ii) commits a material breach of any provision of this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its terms would result in the termination of Tenant's tenancy; (iii) fails to pay rent as required by this Agreement; or (iv) has obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
(14) INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS; RIGHT OF ENTRY; ASSIGNMENT.
Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Agent and the owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including Tenant's guests) as a result of any cause, unless caused by the negligent or willful act of Agent or the Owner. Tenant agrees that Agent, the Owner or their respective representatives may enter the Premises during reasonable hours to inspect the Premises, to make such repairs, alterations, or improvements hereto as Agent or Owner may deem appropriate. Tenant shall not assign this Agreement to sublet the Premises in whole or part without written permission of the Agent.
Coastal Realty does have many "pet friendly" units. IF A UNIT DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY ALLOW PETS and Tenant is found to have a pet in Tenant's unit at any time during Tenant's stay, Tenant's tenancy shall be terminated and a mandatory additional cleaning charge of $300 will be charged to Tenant's credit card on file, plus an applicable administration fee.
(16) SMOKING FEE.
Tenant will be charged a $300 additional cleaning fee to Tenant's credit card, for smoking in a unit that is designated as "NON SMOKING".
(17) REPAIRS AND SERVICE CALLS.
We cannot guarantee against breakdown of air conditioning or other appliances. Please report any non-operative equipment to our office promptly. We will make every effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently. Should a repairman make a call to a unit and find that the equipment is in working order and the problem was due to tenant oversight or neglect, all charges for the service will be charged to the Tenant's credit card on file. No rental refunds will be made due to failure of air conditioning, other appliances or items beyond our control.
(18) UNIT TELEPHONE.
All units have telephones for your convenience. You are not allowed to charge long distance calls to the unit phone. You may, however, place or receive long distance calls using your calling card. Any call billed to the unit (including directory assistance) will be charged to your credit card by Coastal Realty, plus a $10.00 service charge.
(19) LOCK OUTS.
If you lock yourself out of your unit and the Agent, or an employee of the Agent, is called to open the door for you, there will be a $50.00 service fee which will be DUE AT THE TIME OF SERVICE.
(20) The GUEST understands that the accommodation is privately owned, including the furnishings, and neither Coastal Realty, nor the Owner shall be responsible for providing any additional furnishings or equipment not available presently on the Premises. Certain areas, such as locked closets designed with each unit, are reserved for the exclusive use of the Owner and will not be available for the use of the Tenant. All décor and service items in the unit are privately owned and provided. Please respect them as you would your own property. DO NOT REARRANGE FURNISHINGS OR LEAVE ANY FURNISHINGS OUTDOORS (EXCLUDING DECK FURNITURE).
(21) RENTAL DAMAGE PLAN.
This Vacation Rental Damage plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1500. Any damages that exceed $1500 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or actual cash value of such property up to a maximum benefit of$1500.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy ((www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/G10VRD). The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Coastal Realty & Property Management any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Coastal Realty & Property Management directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
(22) Coastal Realty & Property Management, Inc., is not responsible for articles lost, stolen, or left behind in the rental units.